Van Helsinki: Before the Case is a fanfiction on fanfiction.net, detailling the events prior to a case that Van Helsinki and Sophia worked on. It is the prequel to the fanfiction Van Helsinki: Another Leap.
- Van Helsinki
- Inspector Someone-Who-Is-Not-David-Bowie
- Chef (original character)
- M. de Sadre (original character)
- Street thug (original character)
- Edward de Furta (mentioned)
Van Helsinki and Sophia have just returned from a job to be briefed on their next mission. Sophia plays chess with one of her colleagues, a man called Chef. Van talks to the Inspector about his next mission, to go undercover and hunt down an arms dealer called Edward de Furta. He is given several new pistols by the arms master, M. de Sadre. Sophia and Van meet in a bar to discuss, but as Van leaves he realises that their drinks have been spiked. Van returns to save Sophia from a street gang (whose attack is probably out of revenge for the events of Van Helsinki: Survival), and then faces a rebuke by telephone from the Inspector for the whole mess.
Connection to other worksEdit
- Sophia uses a USP pistol in the fanfictions Van Helsinki: Sophia's Plea and Van Helsinki: Over as well as this one.
- Van would go on to use his Baby Browning during the events of Van Helsinki: Before the Storm.
- The fanfiction references the events of its sequel, Van Helsinki: Another Leap.
- The leap Van is described by Sophia as making from a lorry is possibly the leap referenced in the fanfiction 'Another Leap'.