- Van Helsinki
- Inspector Someone-Who-Is-Not-David-Bowie
- Professor Ford (mentioned)
- Sophia (mentioned)
- The Woman (mentioned as 'her')
Following his encounter with 'the woman', Van Helsinki is told by the Inspector that he is being forcibly retired. Van protests, citing his work over the last year, but the Inspector insists that his close contact with 'her' is unacceptable. Van is forced to leave his service pistol on the desk, and leaves the building for the last time.
Connection to other works and triviaEdit
- Van references the events of Van Helsinki: The Hunt, Van Helsinki: The Big Cheese and Van Helsinki: Over. The Inspector also mentions Van Helsinki: The Second Epilogue.
- The story also refers to the mysterious events of 'the crystal' and Van having 'saved the world'. These are rumoured to be events from the very secretive and unrealsed script Van Helsinki: The Next Case.
- 'Retcon' refers to the 'resetting' of canon works to make them fit the timeline. In this case, it refers to Van leaving the police force, leaving him exactly where he was at the beginning of Van Helsinki.